A growing number of shops have set up online channels to benefit from improved sales and better reach to their customers. Going online also means you can serve your customers while respecting social distancing norms.
A mix of online and offline channels can be a great way to boost business growth and add a new dimension to your business.
Online selling comes with significant benefits for businessmen and customers. But first, let us understand more about online selling by looking into the basics.
What is an online store?
An online store or e-commerce service enables commercial transactions between you and your customer. It involves two-way communication through the medium of the internet.
An online store can take many different forms. It can range from a branded website, to marketplaces, mobile apps and social media platforms.
While an offline store serves customers through phone orders and in-person visits, an online shop enables you to take your shop to the customer through online catalogues and doorstep delivery.
Once you build your own online store, your customers can browse it from the comfort of their homes. A good online website builder or shop management system can help you create and run an easy-to-use shopping platform so customers can place orders and take deliveries.
What are the benefits of having your own online store?
Even with an offline shop, having an online presence can expand your customer base and welcome a new section of shoppers. But this is just one of the many benefits of an online store.
Let us look at some of the key advantages of having your own online store.
- It costs less to start an online store than a physical store.
- You can set up your online store faster than a traditional retail outlet.
- Scaling your business is easier online.
- It allows you to provide more information regarding your products.
- It can open your business to customers who may otherwise be hard to reach.
- It improves customer experience.
- It provides smooth, personalised communication with your customers in real-time.
- Improved customer retention and loyalty.
- Build your brand and ensure repeat purchases through WhatsApp Business and other online marketing channels.
- Ability to receive orders 24/7.
- Highlight new products/new arrivals on your website.
- Gather rich customer information essential to build your database.
Some other benefits of an online store include flexibility for your customers, better brand image and eco-friendly business practices like reduced paper waste.
But it also requires robust management of backend services including order notifications, inventory control, and delivery status updates. Seamless delivery service is of the greatest importance in managing a successful online business.
How can I build my online store?
The good news is that there is help at hand. It is possible to build your own online store with the Zadinga shop management app. A state-of-the-art shop management app like Zadinga can:
- Help you set up your online shop
- Receive customer orders
- Manage your inventory
- Facilitate tie-ups with delivery partners
- Provide paperless billing
- Receive delivery updates and do much more!
All you need to do is download the Zadinga app, register online, upload your products, and watch your business grow!
Take your business to the next level
As a small business owner, you know how important it is to reach out to new customers and maintain loyal ones. You may have placed ads in local newspapers or distributed flyers around your location to gain visibility and attract more buyers.
You can reach out to more customers than those visiting offline by creating an online store. With social distancing measures in place, having an online store today can ensure that your business continues as usual.
Having a direct online sales channel will help improve the success of your business. Zadinga’s online retail solution offers complete control over your shipping, marketing, accounts and allows you to receive real-time updates to help you stay on top.
With an online store and a shop management app through Zadinga, you can enjoy all the benefits of selling online and take your business to the next level.