- Sellers on ONDC can enjoy the advantage of their products being visible in the search results of other seller apps.
- The aim of ONDC is to democratise digital commerce by enabling small businesses to compete efficiently with their larger counterparts.
- Zadinga is one of the first e-commerce apps to offer ONDC integration to its users.
Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) is a government-backed online network that includes buyers, sellers and logistics providers. Sellers on ONDC can enjoy the advantage of their products being visible in the search results of other seller apps.
The aim of ONDC is to democratise digital commerce in India by enabling small businesses to compete efficiently with their larger counterparts.
Zadinga is one of the first e-commerce apps in the country to offer ONDC integration to its users.
How will ONDC help in promoting small businesses?
ONDC will help restrain the monopoly of big players and increase the reach of small merchants.
It will also help make a larger number of buyers available to all sellers on the network. This way, both buyers and sellers will benefit from this initiative.
In the above figure, we can see how a seller from Delhi can reach out to customers in Kolkata, Mumbai and Bengaluru, apart from his own city, by signing up on ONDC.
Buyers, in turn, can get access to products from businesses all over the country, place orders, and select their own logistics provider to get the item(s) delivered to their doorstep.
Key objectives of ONDC
The ONDC initiative will help many small entrepreneurs who are facing a challenge from big businesses to compete on an equal footing in the e-commerce space.
With open standards and a platform for data exchange, the initiative will help connect people, goods and services through technology.
It will also promote the adoption of local products and services.
The key objectives for ONDC are:
- Creation of an ecosystem for the new digital economy
- Secure and affordable digital transactions for customers and businesses
- Provision of services like digital identity, e-commerce, e-health, education, transport and mobile banking
- Data exchange and connectivity
- Public-private partnership to build up the digital economy
Current challenges faced by small businesses
To ensure a level playing field and protect the customer’s interest, it is critical to take the right steps to encourage small businesses.
However, the ever-increasing pressure on large companies to expand their footprint poses a threat to small entrepreneurs that face increasing competition from larger entities.
ONDC is expected to help small businesses by creating a level playing field to enable them to compete with large businesses in the digital commerce space.
Expansion of the digital economy
It will act as a catalyst for digital commerce. In addition, by ensuring small businesses enjoy the same advantages as large businesses in the e-commerce domain, the initiative will reduce the danger of excessive dominance of large entities.
On the buyer side, customers will be able to access a much larger range of products and services and also select their logistics provider for the same.
This will boost the digital economy by creating a pool of buyers for small businesses.
Some of the key advantages of ONDC include:
- Ability to sell to customers all over India
- Ability to set your own terms and conditions
- Enable your customers to choose their own logistics provider
- Dispute resolution mechanism
Get Zadinga: ONDC-compliant and ready to boost your business
Digital billing is the way forward and the key to better efficiency in the retail sector.
Digital billing technology allows you to improve customer service and revenue through enhanced digital services.
Essentially, it’s a better way to run your business, as you can focus on customer service and creating a better shopping experience for your customers.
Why you need Zadinga for your retail business
One of the first e-commerce apps to become ONDC-compliant, Zadinga provides retailers with an easy way to register on the network and enjoy its benefits.
As part of the digital industry, we at Zadinga are privileged to offer ONDC to our users.
Signing up on ONDC is fast and easy with Zadinga—the one-stop app for retail businesses. Just follow the steps below:
- Download Zadinga and sign up
- Fill and submit ONDC form
- E-sign ONDC agreement
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Get approved by ONDC
So now is the time to turn your phone into a shop management system and take advantage of technology to grow your business.
Here’s your chance to cash in on the huge growth opportunity that ONDC brings. Get Zadinga today.